Sunday, May 20, 2007

WSJ newscaster activist "gives back"

With more than 30 years in the broadcasting business and 14 of those at the Wall Street Journal radio network, I can certainly appreciate the protection from workplace abuse that IAPE (Independant Association of Publishers' Employees - Newspaper Guild Local 1096) provides. I have witnessed how managers are immediately called upon by (the union) to correct any violations of the labor agreement. With that safety net, I can do a better job and am rest assured that my workplace environment will be free of unnecessary distractions. I serve as local director in South Brunswick, NJ and a (local executive) board member so that I can give back to (my union) for providing a less worrisome workplace atmosphere, and also fight for job protections, as well as better pay and beneifts.

Dean W. Schomburg,
newscaster/writer
Wall Street Journal radio network
(end of post)

No comments: